Saturday, April 5, 2008

4/05

After a full day of travels, we have arrived in the beautiful, monumental (get it?) city of Washington D.C. After catching the last minutes of the pitiful UCLA game, we went to a fancy seafood restaurant called Sea Catch. The table next to us featured $250 bottles of wine, and $15,000 solid gold watches. I felt sort of underdressed in my jeans….

A couple of things I learned/observed during the day:
· I finally found a use for “airplane mode” on my phone
· Its normal for groups of asian tourists to wear the same thing, and have the exact same suitcase
· It’s funny to watch people spill their drinks during turbulence
· The best toilets are at O'Hare International Airport

Tomorrow morning at 7:30 A.M. EST, we will start a 6 hour tour to Mount Vernon, then perhaps the Air and Space museum and Kennedy Center in the afternoon. To finish the day off, a lovely steak dinner at a little place called Ruth's Chris.

See ya tomorrow night!

No comments: